Deer Park is a prestigious neighbourhood, situated in central Toronto. Its boundaries are the Vale of Avoca to the east, Farnham and Jackes Avenue to the south, Avenue Road and Oriole Parkway to the west, and the Belt Line trail to the north.
The original name given to this area by the First Nations people was "Mushquoteh," which means a meadow or opening where deer come to feed. In 1847, the Heath family bought forty acres of land and named it Deer Park, a well chosen name.
In 1891, Upper Canada College moved from downtown Toronto to its Deer Park location on Avenue Road, north of St. Clair on a vast plot of land.
Two buildings are well known in the Deer Park area, the Imperial Oil building at 111 St. Clair West, with its top floor observationan deck and famous mural. The other building is the Wittington Tower, which is a twenty storey octagonal tower which is situated at 22 St. Clair Avenue West.
Most of the original Deer Park homes were built between 1875 and 1920. There is a wonderful mix of detached and semi-detached housing, with many diverse architetural styles, evolving in this neighbourhood. The homes were built at a time when everything had to be within walking distance of your home, which makes Deer Park a very accessible area.
The addition of fashionable townhouses to Deer Park, conform to the area and compliment the early homes.
Deer Park has an abundance of outstanding condominium apartmenet dwellings in Toronto. Most of them have balconies with extraordinary panoramic landscape and city views. Deer Park is known for its verdant landscaping and numerous varety of varying species of magnificent trees located in this district.
The green land spaces are plentiful in Deer Park. There is the Rosehill Reservior Park on Pleasant Boulevard, known at one of Toronto's enticing parks. An exterior path which is used for walking, jogging and cycling envelops the park. At the apex of the park, there is a childrens playground and a wading pool. In another section of the park, is a reflecting pool and a waterfall. Oriole Park is located at the northern end of Deer Park. There is a playground, a wading pool, two tennis courts and aaccess to the "Belt Line". a 7km. Path which follows the route of Toronto's old Belt Line Railway. "
The Deer Park Public Library is located conveniently at 40 St. Clair Avenue East, serving its' patrons requests.
The St. Clair subway is within walking distance of every home in Deer Park. Downtown is only ten minutes away by car, and approximately twenty minutes by car to the highways of Toronto.
Choice of retail stores in Deer Park is plentiful. There is the St. Clair Centre, containing over thirty-five stores and the Delisle Court, home to Bruno's Fine Foods and numerous other merchants.
There are many established medical offices in Delise Court as well as other areas of Deer Park.
For more information about Deer Park Real Estate click here